Home / The Wizards Players’ Forum

The Wizards Players’ Forum

Please to create posts and topics.

Unable to play as well

I purchased the game today in the Oculus store. Usually 1 of 2 things will happen that makes it unplayable.

1. The game starts minimized, which makes the game smooth but I am unable to get passed the initial screen where you would select languages and apply. Clicking the "Apply" button does nothing.
  2. The game starts open(mirrored), but is about .5 frames per second. I can click apply(eventually) and get to next screens. Desktop monitors are going crazy as if constantly changing resolutions at this point.

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

1080 GTX Graphics

i7 7700k CPU

32GB Corsair Vengeance Memory

Oculus Rift with Touch Controllers, Rift Core 2 Beta(if it matters)

2 Monitors- 1 @ 1440p, 2 @ 1080p

All Updates and Drivers are current.

Hello Reppy, many thanks for reporting this bug and sorry for the inconvenience! We have not experienced or received reports about issues like this. I believe it may very likely be connected to the multi monitor setup. Rift Core 2 also seems to cause some problems.  The first problem you mentioned should be easy to fix. Sometimes the game starts in the background. All you have to do is click on the game's icon, or click alt+tab until it is selected and moves to front. I know that it requires taking of the headset so it's not ideal. We'll try to address that. Second problem may be connected to Rift Core 2 or multi monitor setup. Could you please try to experimenting with only one monitor connected?

Thanks for the quick reply! The multi-monitor setup ended up not being the issue. It was Rift Core  2. Opting out of beta and reverting back fixed the problem I was having. Now that I'm able to play, it's a beautiful and immersive game. Well Done! 🙂

We're really happy to hear that! Since our last response we've also figured out that Rift Core 2.0 is causing major problems in The Wizards and other VR games. It's a brilliant update so we hope that Oculus will address all the issues soon. Have fun and thank you for letting us know what was the problem!